Wednesday, April 10, 2013

LIVING: TEA PARTIES





I planned a small tea party at my house today which ended up including just my dearest friend and myself. We chatted, ate Beet and Goat Cheese Hummus, and dreamed together. I've lately been cooking and with that I've had the desire to entertain. My kitchen table never looks like this, so I decided to pull out all the little goodies I received as wedding presents, pretending that I was expecting the Queen herself. Amanda and I are close enough to not need any formalities - sweatpants and lack of showers are regularly apparent in our visits, but sometimes it's nice to dress up a little and pull out the china and remember that friendship is worth celebrating. Celebrating with extravagance and silliness, like little girls in over-sized high heels, is a luxury that should be shared more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment